July Book Reviews #50books2013

09:52

Entwined With you - Sylvia Day (crossfire #3)
"From the moment I first met Gideon Cross, I recognized something in him that I needed. Something I couldn’t resist. I saw the dangerous and damaged soul inside–so much like my own. I was drawn to it. I needed him as surely as I needed my heart to beat.

No one knows how much he risked for me. How much I’d been threatened, or just how dark and desperate the shadow of our pasts would become.

Entwined by our secrets, we tried to defy the odds. We made our own rules and surrendered completely to the exquisite power of possession…"

My thoughts: This is the third book in the Corssfire series. I LOVED it. Ok, maybe not quite as good as the first two books which I reviewed here and it was a little slow in the beginning (at least for me anyway). But still very good. It IS an erotic adult read. In some places I thought it was probably TMI. I really have fallen in love with Gideon and Eva, or rather there relationship. Gideon did annoy me a little... The way he acted with his ex. Over all I'd give this 4.5 stars. 
I am looking forward to the next book.. apparently there's another TWO books.



Crying for Help - Casey Watson.
"The second book from Sunday Times best-selling author Casey Watson.


Two weeks after saying farewell to her first foster child, Casey is asked to look after Sophia, a troubled 12-year-old with a sad past. Sophia’s actions are disturbing and provocative and, before long, Casey and her family find themselves in a dark and dangerous situation.


Two years ago Sophia’s mother had a terrible accident. Sophia has been in care ever since.


Right away, Casey feels something isn’t right. Sophia’s a well-developed girl, who looks more like 18 than 12. She only seems to have eyes and ears for men, and treats all women with contempt and disgust. And she has everyone around her jumping through hoops.


Over time, as more details begin to emerge about Sophia’s past, it becomes clear that her behaviour is a front for an early life filled with pain and suffering. But although Casey feels she is gradually breaking through to Sophia and getting her to open up about things she has never spoken about before, her violence is threatening the safety of the whole family, forcing Casey to question whether she can really handle this lost and damaged girl.
Both shocking and inspiring, this true story will shed new light on the extreme and sometimes dangerous nature of foster care" - From GoodReads.com


My thoughts: I don't want to give too much away. Not gonna lie, this story was emotional and sad so be warned if you plan on reading it. Bare in mind it is hard to rate and review a book when it's about a child suffering! 
This book is written incredibly well. I really felt like I know Sophia personally, Casey Watson did a very good job putting Sophia's story into words. Casey and her family put up with a lot from Sophia. This book really showed me how this countries system needs improving (when it comes to social services etc) in many ways. Thank goodness for people like Casey and her husband. Very inspiring foster carers. I've said it before and I'll say it again - this world needs more people like Casey and her family! 





"Based on the award-winning 10-million-plus-hit blog www.1000awesomethings.comThe Book of Awesome is a high five for humanity and a big celebration of life's little moments:

• Popping Bubble Wrap
• Wearing underwear just out of the dryer
• Fixing electronics by smacking them
• Getting called up to the dinner buffet first at a wedding
• Watching The Price Is Right when you're home sick
• Hitting a bunch of green lights in a row
• Waking up and realizing it's Saturday

Sometimes it's easy to forget the things that make us smile. With a 24/7 news cycle reporting that the polar ice caps are melting, hurricanes are swirling in the seas, wars are heating up around the world, and the job market is in a deep freeze, it's tempting to feel that the world is falling apart. But awesome things are all around us-sometimes we just need someone to point them out.

The Book of Awesome reminds us that the best things in life are free (yes, your grandma was right). With laugh-out-loud observations from award- winning comedy writer Neil Pasricha, The Book of Awesome is filled with smile-inducing moments on every page that make you feel like a kid looking at the world for the first time. Read it and you'll remember all the things there are to feel good about. 

The Book of Awesome reminds us of all the little things that we often overlook but that make us smile. With touching, warm, and funny observations, each entry ends with the big booming feeling you'll get when you read through them: AWESOME!"
(^ From good reads ^) 

My thoughts: Not mu usual kind of read. I haven't had a particularly  great week and I needed to read something funny! Good reads (for some reason) recommended this book. So.. I read it and I am glad I did. It's just full of things to be grateful for and cheerful about! Things like 'Flipping your pillow to the cold side' AWESOME! And 'Laughing so hard you make no sound at all' AWESOME! I loved the popping bubble wrap and I learned that bubble wrap works as insulation, haha. Some of the AWESOME stories really reminded me of things I find AWESOME, too. After reading this book, it made me realise I need to notice the small things to be HAPPY about! I found this book easy to read, witty and I am glad I read it! 
It took me a couple of hours to read (on and off) 
I rate this book ****Four**** stars.  It is AWESOME!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my blog and comment, I truly appreciate it. (Please do not leave URLs/links in the comments, thank you!)

Follow via GFC.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe and Follow

Follow

My instagram.