The one where I'm staying active & being healthy.

10:14


Weight loss challenge @ Ups and downs, smiles and frowns.

I thought it was about time to write an up to date update on how my weight loss & keeping fit challenge is going.

I wrote a blog post a few weeks ago about how I needed to loose weight, eat healthier and get fit! Well, I am not really sure how much weight I've lost but I know I have lost at least three pounds because one pair of my jeans is a little loose around my middle. Which is great! And so encouraging. I've also been using my pedometer, which I recently reviewed. I haven't been eating junk food or drinking fizzy drinks (with the exception of yesterday and one day last week, I had a small bottle of lucasade/can of coke - I feel like I totally let myself down but seriously, I was craving it SO bad).

I was a little bit disappointed last week as I treated myself to a new pair of boots. The thing is, they were almost knee high boots but I couldn't get the zip to do up around my leg. My leg was just too FAT! Ugh. So I had to send them back (they were such a bargain too. Boo). That has however, given me the incentive to keep on eating healthy, walking at least 15,000 steps a day (I did 21,545 steps yesterday!) and just generally being healthy! There have been days where I have a had a headache, making 15,000 steps is hard when you have a headache. Which sucks. But generally I am trying my very best. I'll treat myself to new boots when I've lost a few pounds. I do think I need to invest in some bathroom scales because I DO need to weigh myself and keep track of what weight I am loosing. The thing is though, I don't want to become obsessed with weighing myself. So I'll weigh myself once every two weeks.

I've had a banana for breakfast (I'm not a big lover of breakfast and could quite easily skip it tbh), for lunch I'll have toast (brown bread) with a little low fat butter and for a nack I'll have an apple or rivita. For dinner this evening, I'm going to have chicken, (brown) pasta with salad.  It's really hard to not eat the same as the kids but it'll all be so worth it.

Sarah xXx

We will do it @ purple pumpkin blog

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I would love to loose a bit of weight, I always fail when I come to diets and totally cut out the things I love, I think cutting down and also making portion sizes smaller is a great way to shift the pounds! I believe walking is the best exercise :)

    Emily
    www.londonmummyoftwo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to lose weight. I'm 9st 8 by my scales. By my parents anologue scales round their house i was 10st.. so I dunno, scales aren't very accurate tbh. It's best going by your clothes and measuring areas.
    I always lose a good amount of weight when I exercise and do 30 day shred tbh, but it's just finding the motiviation. Although I think I'm getting the motivation back to exercise, i can feel it. Therei sreally no point me in me ever trying to exercise when I really can't be arsed because I just won't stick to it. I ineed to be in the zone lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to meet a fellow pedometer fiend!!! I have got out of the habit of using mine but I find it harder to meet my step count now that Gwenn likes to walk everywhere at an absolute snail's pace (she's 18 months!).

    Going to read your review now!!!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on all your changes that you're making. For me, I found when I had to eat different food to the family was when I just started to fail. Now that we're all eating healthier I'm much happier! Good luck for next week! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my blog and comment, I truly appreciate it. (Please do not leave URLs/links in the comments, thank you!)

Follow via GFC.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe and Follow

Follow

My instagram.