Direct Cosmetics Make Up {review}

18:52

Now, one of my goals for this year is to make more of an effort with myself. That includes make up and making myself look presentable. Just because I'm a mum doesn't mean I can't make more of an effort with myself! I get so wrapped up in getting the kids ready and rushing around doing this, that and the other, that I actually forget or don't have time to bother with myself. Me of all people know how hard it is to find time to do hair and make up but if getting up a little earlier means I can make myself look nice, then so be it! It also makes me feel better about myself and more confident when I've made an effort with myself, you know? So when Direct Cosmetics asked me if I'd like to review some make up, I of course jumped at the opportunity.

I was kindly sent the W7 cosmetics in the buff natural eyeshadow palette.

W7 in the buff natural eye shadow palette review @ ups and downs, smiles and frowns

I really like the packaging of this eye palette, it's a metal case with a foam inner section which the eye shadows sit in. The palette contains twelve eye shadows with a combination of shimmer ones and matt ones, too! Personally My own personal favourites are the 'Earth' and 'Dust' shades.The palette includes the shades 'Buff, Camel, Sand, Dust, Chocolate, Topaz, Earth, Storm, Silk, Wave, Thunder and Oynx' There is also a small eyeshadow brush that comes with the palette. This fits perfectly in place and is perfect for applying the eyeshadow.

W7 in the buff natural eye shadow palette review @ ups and downs, smiles and frowns

This is a really lovely natural palette that creates a natural look. The eye shadows seem to stay on the eyes for a good few hours without coming off and fading. This product is currently priced at £4.99 (at the time of writing this review) and I'd say it is worth the money.

Elizabeth advanced eye fix primer review @ ups and downs, smiles and frowns

The 'Elizabeth Arden Advanced Eye-Fix Primer' is an eyeshadow primer in a natural colour, which means it can also be worn on it;s own, for a natural look. I find a little bit goes a long way. I applied a thin layer to my eyelids and then applied the eye shadow. I did find that the eyeshadow was easier to apply after priming my eye lids with this primer first, I also found that the eyeshadow blended easier, too! My eyeshadow stayed on my eyes a lot longer than usual! It also Also provides a barrier to prevent moisture loss. This product is Dermatologist, allergy and clinically tested.

Elizabeth Arden ceramide lash extending mascara from direct cosmetics review @ ups and downs, smiles and frowns

Elizabeth Arden ceramide lash extending mascara from direct cosmetics review @ ups and downs, smiles and frowns

I was also sent the 'Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Lash Extending Treatment Mascara' in the shade 02 black brown. Which is currently priced at £10.99 on sale. The first thing I noticed was the packaging, I love the packaging a lot. I also like the bottle the mascara comes in, it's a really pretty gold and has a metallic look and feel to it. The mascara itself is a really smooth texture and comes with an amazing brush. The mascara goes on so, so smoothly, it separates my eye lashes really well and has a very natural look in my opinion.

Elizabeth Arden ceramide lash extending mascara from direct cosmetics review @ ups and downs, smiles and frowns

This mascara is infused with Ceramide Triple Complex and Keravis which helps to lengthen and strengthen eye lashes. I really, do like this mascara very much and would totally recommend this mascara. 

 direct cosmetics review @ ups and downs, smiles and frowns


I also really liked the L'Oreal Visible Lift Instant Lift Foundation. I've used this foundation a few times now and I do find it DOES give an instant lift, it also leaves my skin looking more smoother and younger. The foundation also contains an anti wrinkle formula which is always a plus. However, personally I think this shade (130 golden beige/natural dore) would suit my skin tone better when I have a tan, I'd probably find that it leaves my skin looking more radiant if I had a tan, with it being winter, I am quite pale at the moment. It's quite a light fluid textured foundation but I do like the texture and how it leaves my skin feeling. Again, I find a little bit goes a long way but then I don't like to wear too much foundation any way. I'm confident that I'll be using this product a lot during the summer, when I have a tan.

LO`real visible lift foundation review @ ups and downs, smiles and frowns

Again, I really like the packaging. The foundation is contained in a glass bottle with a gold plastic rim. I like the fact that it has a pump, which makes it much easier to pump out of the bottle.

 direct cosmetics review @ ups and downs, smiles and frowns

Overall these products gave me a lovely natural look. I am not one for going all out there with colours, mainly because I've never really tried. Nor am I a makeup expert. I really do like these products, especially the mascara.

Direct Cosmetics sell a very wide range of beauty products and fragrances. They are all very, very reasonably priced, many on sale at the time of writing this review.
You can also follow Direct Cosmetics on Twitter.

What is your favourite make up product? Let me know in comments, I am always looking out for new products to try! Especially as I'll be making more of an effort with myself this year. :)

Sarah xXx

I was sent these products/samples for the purpose of this review. All opinions are my own, personal, honest opinions. I was no paid to write this review. All photos were taken by myself! Please ask permission if you would like to use them.


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I love these shades, I really need to look for some new make up :)

    Thanks for sharing at the weekend blog hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like lovely products to try out. Lucky you. (Little favor can you include the badge or a link back to me when linking up hun) Thank you so much for linking up to Share With Me #sharewithme

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my blog and comment, I truly appreciate it. (Please do not leave URLs/links in the comments, thank you!)

Follow via GFC.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe and Follow

Follow

My instagram.