A new blog.

19:00

Hi all, for those who don't know me.... I'll try to introduce myself lol, I am really rubbish at introductions though so be warned!!


I'm Sarah, I am 26 (27 next week, eek!) years old, I have three amazing, beautiful children who are my whole life, my world, my everything. My eldest son, Harry will be 9 years old in October. He's a typical boy, into all those boy things like football, computer games, loves playing outside, he's always full of energy & lively. Then there's Charlie. Charlie will be 7 years old this July. He's quite a placid and will entertain himself for hours. He likes anything to do with Disney Cars & toy story. Loves to play outside, is a massive animal lover. He can be super hyper at times. Then there's youngest child, Elicia, although we all call her Ellie for short because she prefers that and she certainly knows what she wants! She's usually quite placid and easy going although I think she's currently going thru some kind of stage where nothing is ever good enough (perhaps a girl a thing lol), she loves anything to do with animals, Hello Kitty, Minnie Mouse, Cars.. she enjoys watching disney movies but would really rather be playing outside.




I have an amazing boyfriend, currently living quite far apart but we see each other often, I love him with all my heart, he is truly my soul mate. I am very happy with my life.
 I live in South England with my three children in a lovely three bedroom house, although we've recently moved into this house we are already quite settled here.

You can skip this part if you want, this part is for people who don't know so much about me.
 I suffer with Idiopathic Intercranial Hypertension (IIH) you can click here to find out more.
Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension (IIH) is a neurological condition of the brain. It is also more commonly known as Pseudotumor Cerebri which means false brain tumor...
Basically it's a brain disease (Although I refer brain condition because well, disease sounds like I'm contagious or something and I am not!) where the fluid around the brain builds up & causes vision loss, really bad, intense headaches, nausea, tinnitus, and many more symptoms, it affects everyone in different ways. I'll cut a very long story short here and I am sorry if this is all over the place/hard to understand, it isn't easy to explain. I was diagnosed with IIH in November 2010, after months of suffering. They don't know the cause because usually it affects people who are over weight, I am not over weight. Stress triggers it off for me. To begin with I was told it was just migraines/needed glasses etc, so I went a few months just "getting on with it" Then finally the optician saw something behind my eyes and told me to go straight to hospital. To begin with they thought I had a brain tumour (as the symptoms are almost the same) I was SO glad when the CT and MRI scan came back ok. I am now on medication to control it as much as possible and I have to have lumbar punctures to drain the fluid that builds up around my brain. The neurologist doesn't know what has caused it, how long I'll have IIH for and there is no cure. 1 or 2 people in 100,000 people suffer with IIH so it is quite rare.
 Most of the time I am okay but every now and again I will get a bad headache and need to rest/have a Lumbar Puncture (LP) or whatever. However, I think at the next appointment we're going to discus a shunt being fitted because the last LP did more harm than good. The after affects were horrendous. I ended up hospitalised  because I was in so much pain with my head. Probably a "low pressure headache". That was only a few days ago but I feel a lot better than I did, thankfully!
Anyhow lets move on from that although there's a lot more to it all I really don't feel like typing it all out right now.

Apart from that I live an average life, full of fun stuff like er... housework, washing, house hold chores, you know all that kind of fun stuff lol.. or maybe not so fun.
I absolutely love being a mum, my children are my life. I might not have a lot of money or be able to give them everything in the world but I shower them with time and love. I'm not by any means perfect but I do the very best I can.
 "Being a mother isn't just a job - it's an adventure and a blessing"

Besides spending time with my kids and my fella, I like to read, infact I LOVE to read but I never get the time! I really want to get back into reading (Feel free to suggest a book for me to read), I love watching movies of any kind really, paint shop pro and trying to be creative lol, listening to music.. all that normal stuff, I also like beads.. making beaded bracelets/earrings, although this is another "forgotten" hobby, I never have the time these days although I should make time, like instead of sitting at the computer I could be doing beads. I really love to sleep, yes sleep is SO good.
Sarah xx

P.s Does anyone know any good website for backgrounds/Layouts? I need to learn how the HTML works on here, too as I'd like to customise my blog a bit more, anyone have any tips for me, I'd be ever so grateful. :)

You Might Also Like

3 comments

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my blog and comment, I truly appreciate it. (Please do not leave URLs/links in the comments, thank you!)

Follow via GFC.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe and Follow

Follow

My instagram.