Saying Goodbye To Warsaw by Michael Cargill {Book review}

19:44



Saying Goodbye To Warsaw by Michael Cargill 
"Like any girl who is loved by her family, Abigail Nussbaum loves to chase butterflies, enjoys lying on her back looking for shapes in the clouds, and happily teaches young children to make daisy chains.

In the eyes of certain people, however, Abigail has committed a heinous crime. The year is 1940; the place is Poland; Abigail happens to be Jewish.

Along with half a million other Jews, Abigail and her family are evicted from their home and forced to live in the bombed out ruins of Warsaw, the Polish capital.

Although a handful decide to fight back, is the uprising strong enough to save Abigail’s spirit" 


This was an amazing book. It is a holocaust book and therefore is quite sad but there are such sweet, happy moments! I loved it! The story is about a little girl (Abigail) and her family. I loved Abigail's imagination and how the small things really make all the difference at such a horrendous time. Abigail has a lovely personality and such sweet innocence. I love how the book concentrates on Abigail. As the story goes on, I really felt how Abigail innocence was disappearing due to all the awful things she witnessed gong on around her. This book is beautifully written, I couldn't put this book down, one of the best books I've read this year. Everyone should read this book!! I read it within 24 hours.Five stars from me.
Sarah xXx 

Also posted as part of my October reads for #50books2013. 

I was given a copy of this book (e-book) to review. I am so glad I read this book! Thanks Michael for sending me your book :) 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my blog and comment, I truly appreciate it. (Please do not leave URLs/links in the comments, thank you!)

Follow via GFC.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe and Follow

Follow

My instagram.