Shrek the musical DVD review.

20:18

My children are HUGE Shrek fans. They have seen every Shrek movie and know all of the songs. My eight year old can not get enough of Shrek and I just knew that all three of my children would love Shrek the musical.


Shrek the musical was available from 2nd December on Blu-Ray DVD and DVD & digital HD 18th November 2013 from twentieth century fox home entertainment. 

Featuring 17 new songs, 'Shrek The Musical' was filmed live on stage with 10 cameras that captures the magic of a Broadway performance starring an amazing cast. The cast includes Brian d'Arcy James who plays the famous Shrek, Sutton Foster, who plays Fiona, Christopher Seiber who plays Lord Farquaad, Daniel Breaker plays donkey and John Tartaglia who plays Pinocchio.

As a bonus this DVD comes with a Sing-A-Long song book so that the whole family can sing along to seven songs from the musical.

The musical is based on the story and characters from William Steig's book 'Shrek', as well as the Dreamworks animation film.

"The greatest fairy tale never told comes to life as never before in Shrek The Musical, the Tony Award-winning (2009, Best Costume Design) Broadway musical based on the smash-hit movie! Featuring a fantastic score of 17 all-new songs, along with unforgettable characters and outrageous humour, Shrek The Musical is ogre-sized fun for the whole family!"

When I put the DVD on, I'll be honest - The kids were a bit confused! It wasn't what they were expecting, lol. Once the characters came out and started singing and dancing, they were glued to it! Ellie (aged 6) now wants to learn all the songs, awww. I think the costumes, the colours, the songs and everything else is fantastic and I know that my little ones thought so, too! They giggled all the way thru the movie and thought it was hilarious. My daughter especially loved Donkey. The boys just loved Shrek. And I just loved everyone and all of the songs. The whole performance is amazing. I know that this will now be a family favourite for years to come. We really enjoyed this musical. 'Shrek the musical' kept us all entertained from beginning to end!
I would love to take my little's to see 'Shrek The Musical' live on stage. 

I highly recommend you watch this musical, it really is very entertaining for the whole family.

You can buy 'Shrek the musical' on Blu-Ray for £24.99, DVD for £19.99 and Digital HD for £9.99.

Sarah xXx 

Disclosure: I received this DVD for the purpose of this review.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my blog and comment, I truly appreciate it. (Please do not leave URLs/links in the comments, thank you!)

Follow via GFC.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe and Follow

Follow

My instagram.