The one with the parents evenings.

00:00

This past week, the week before half term has been a busy one! It's been full of parents evening, rugby matches at school and meet the tutor appointments!


Firstly, I had an appointment with Ellie's teacher to hear about her progress and how she's doing at school! Now, it did take her sometime to settle into her new school but I am really pleased to say she has settled in really well now and is really knuckling down with her school work! Her hand writing has improved tremendously as has her reading. She's doing well in all subjects and we're currently working on her 4 and 5 times tables at home. She has some maths homework to do this half term, which will keep her busy.
I am so, so proud of how well she's doing at school, especially with her reading. She is really trying to do her best, bless her.

Next I saw Charlie's teacher. As most of my regular readers are aware, it's his final year at primary school (I know, I can't believe it either). So it's an important year for him, getting ready and prepared for high school. I wrote about how we went to look around the high school and how excited Charlie is about starting there next September!
His hand writing has also improved a lot and he is doing so well in all subjects and has come top of the class on a couple of occasions, mainly for maths. He can use number squares and really quite confident with school work! Which of course I am super proud about. He's really working hard and doing his absolute best. Charlie joined in with a Rugby tag thing at school, which he did really well with and got a certificate for, bless him. He can't wait to do it again and is hoping to join the rugby team soon.

One day after school, I met Harry's tutor! She seems really lovely and had lots of good things to say about Harry. She asked if he's enjoying school, which he is of course. She asked how he's settling in and if he had any questions. He didn't. I chat with her about how Harry is settling in and she told me he's made lots of friends and is polite and helpful (If only he was like that at home, haha). He was really proud to show me around the library, where we met his tutor. And I met a couple of his friends that he's made since he started high school. I am also really proud of him. He doesn't like change but he has adapted so, so well. I can't wait for his parents evening, which I believe is next month.

Harry has also been picked for the rugby team. Which, honestly, I was quite surprised about because he has never really shown much interest in rugby before. Football, yes. Rugby no. I was a little apprehensive and wondered if it would be something he would stick at. He had his first practice match this past week and he played really well. He seemed to really enjoy it and already has another match set up for next month! Harry is super excited about it.I was really proud standing on the side line, supporting Harry and his team in rugby. I can honestly say, I think rugby is something Harry will stick at. I love that he's so sporty. All three of my children are quite sporty and outdoorsy, I am so proud of them all ♥

Sarah xXx

You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. AWW they're all doing so well bless them! I can't believe charlie is in year 6. i keep thinking he's ellies age and ellie is holly's age lol! crazy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww so lovely to see that all of them are getting on well at school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im so glad Ellie has now settled in to school. Its awful when you have to leave them crying at school isn't it? They all seem like they are doing really well. Well done Harry on getting into the Rugby team too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear it was good reports all round. Joining a team is a great way to settle in to a new school. My brothers played club rugby in primary school and so they were really confident and excited to join the team in high school - it definately help them to make friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh they're doing great! I have all of this come in 5 years. I imagine you're very proud of them :) Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like they're all doing really well in school - long may that last! It seems they've all adapted really well, you're right to be proud :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a great feeling when the kids are doing well at school. We are wanting to move soon and i'm hoping to stay in the same area as it may disrupt my daughter. I want her to stay in the same school. Well done to your kids.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah you have three great kiddies there! Harry's tutor sounds really lovely. My 6-year-old wants to play Rugby too! I think the World Cup has caught everyone's attention! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is fantastic to hear that your kiddies are doing well you have brought them up well you must be so proud of them! Lets hope that they continue to prosper!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely post. I can't wait for the day masthead starts school. He really loved playing football at the moment so I'm hoping he will join a team when he's older. I think rugby might be a bit too rough. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, I love that Harry has taken up rugby. It might have been unexpected, but it really is the right time in life to try EVERYTHING and see what you really like and enjoy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sounds like you had a great parents evening and that they are all doing really well. I bet you are really proud of all of them

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've some gorgeous kids Sarah. It's great to hear that they're all doing so well. It's fab that Harry took up rugby, it's great to be able to play a sport, not just for the fitness but being part of a team and making new friends too :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. awww its so nice to share how well they are doing .. sometimes we miss this when life gets too busy .. but it sounds like yours are all doing fantastically well :-)
    Thanks for linking up with #MagicMoments

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like they are all doing amazing way to go mommy. We just had parents evening for B too and I was nervous but he is loving school and doing better than I thought. Thank you so much for linking up to Share With Me. I hope to see you again tomorrow for another great round. #sharewithme

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my blog and comment, I truly appreciate it. (Please do not leave URLs/links in the comments, thank you!)

Follow via GFC.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe and Follow

Follow

My instagram.