Blue skies in winter.

00:00

The kids have been stuck in all over Christmas so when we woke up one morning to beautiful blue skies without a cloud in sight, we decided we'd go to the park! The weather was very mild, I didn't even need to wear my coat. The kids also took there coats off as they were running around playing football and playing with remote control cars. Shame the weather didn't stay like that for long though. I am so glad I told them to wear old clothes as they did get a little muddy, I don't mind that I just didn't want there good clothes ruined.


I decided to take some photos on my new camera that I got for Christmas.I am still figuring out all the settings, for a digital camera, it's quite confusing but I love it so much. I know the focus and colouring is out on some of these pics but for my first attempt at using the camera, I don't think they came out too bad at all.

Charlie took his remote control car out that he got for Christmas! There's a skate ramp over the park we went to and he couldn't wait to test his remote control car out there.



Charlie told me "This is epic and the car even flips over on it's own". He really enjoyed testing his car out on the ramp. 

 Harry had already arranged to meet a couple of his friends over the park while we were there. He wanted to play football and use his new goalie gloves, you see. Harry is all about football, he can not get enough of it! It's also really hard to get a photo of Harry but I did manage to snap these couple of pics!



Ellie just wanted to ride her bike, which she got for her Birthday back in September but hasn't been out on it that much because the weather hasn't been great. She is so good at riding it now! She does have a crash helmet but the clip thing "broke" when we were half way to the park, I managed to fix it at the park (after I took these snaps, so please don't worry, she DOES wear a crash helmet)




We had a lovely afternoon at the park and I am hoping the weather picks up again soon! I don't mind winter but we are all outdoorsy people in this household and we miss being able to go to the park and for walks in the woodland but with this wind and rain, it's just visible.

Sarah xXx

Super Busy Mum

My Kid Doesn't Poop Rainbows







A Cornish Mum

What Katy Said


snowingindoors

You Might Also Like

25 comments

  1. Everyone looks like they had a really good time. I am such an advocate of getting fresh air. This xmas there was very little chance to get out and about, totally random weather. Glad you made the most of the good bits. Happy New Year. #PointShoot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woweee! You managed to get out and had blue sky!! We can't remember the last time we saw sunshine! It's been rainy and miserable here!! Great piccys #PointShoot x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it great just going to the park! We go it a lot too! Grab the sunshine while its there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love getting out to the park too. It looks like your three all had fun doing their own things. My eldest is learning to ride a pedal bike, but still hasn't the confidence, he can pedal and he can balance well on his balance bike, he just isn't sure about doing both at the same time. Glad you managed to find some sunshine, can you send some up here, all we're getting is rain and at the best clouds! Thanks so much for linking up to #Whatevertheweather :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab to get them out after we've had so much rain isn't it!Mine have been going stir crazy!Lovely pics,they look like they're having a great time x #picknmix

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's been so hard to get out and about with this terrible weather, hasn't it. Looks like you made the most of the clear day though #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes its lovely to just go to the park isnt it! Its especially nice after all the rainy weather to get back outside! #HappyDaysLinky

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so great to get out and active together after being stuck in over Christmas and after all the wet weather. Enjoy your new camera. Great first picks

    ReplyDelete
  9. The weather has been so on and off - but when it is good, it is great! I hope you enjoy your new camera as much as I love mine #SnapshotSaturday

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's great that you managed to find some blue sky time to get out and enjoy the local park, it's great that the kids enjoyed themselves. It's fab to see that each of them have their own favourite activity, Charlie's new remote control car sounds fab, he looks so excited to be playing with it on the skate ramps. Harry looks like he's really worn in those goalie gloves now. Ellie looks like she's enjoying the fresh air on her bike. Thanks for linking up with me on Country Kids.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad that you managed to get out and that Ellie managed to use her bike. The weather has been so terrible hasn't it. We've had lots of blue skies this week even though its been so cold. I'm really hoping that the sun comes out. It's good to see them all doing their different hobbies outdoors and being able to enjoy the fresh air. Too many people stay inside all day nowadays. It's so sad. Thank you so much for linking your adventures to #whatevertheweather. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wasn't the weather strange over the Christmas holidays? We only managed to get to the park this week for the first time since before Christmas and it was so very mild. I love your byline on your blog by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You can't beat a trip to the park to get outside and get some fresh air. It is really mild here at the moment too although we have just had some awful rainy days like everyone. It is so depressing and grey out that I get really excited when I see some blue sky! #theordinarymoments. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks like a fun time at the park. We are starting to really miss the dry weather so we can head to the park.Looking forward to spring. Thank you for sharing! #TheOrdinaryMoments

    ReplyDelete
  15. great idea to use the skate park for remote control cars when it is quiet!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am craving this kind of day out too! .. wow a spangly new camera for Christmas! yay i would love that for a gift :-)

    Thanks for linking up with #MagicMoments

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like you had a great day and the blue sky was so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would like some warmer weather too - my boys certainly need to get up and about #magicmoments

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like a lovely day out for some much needed fresh air. I am definitely looking forward to the weather being a little warmer so we can get out more! #MagicMoments

    ReplyDelete
  20. So great to be able to get out and about and enjoy some blue skies. We were a bit slow at catching the blue skies on Saturday, the grey clouds were gathering when we got out, but we still managed to enjoy some time in the fresh air. xxx lovely post #theordinarymoments

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hate being out in the wind and rain. Glad you found some nice weather to get out in.

    Thanks for linking up to #fartglitter x

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm hoping the weather sorts it's self out as well I've had enough of being stuck indoors so often now! Thanks for linking up to #PicknMix

    Stevie x

    ReplyDelete
  23. It is great when you can get out and about to enjoy the sunshine. Lovely moments captured. Thank you for sharing in #HappyDaysLinky x

    ReplyDelete
  24. I do love a sunny winter's day! December has been so mild though it is getting really cold now. Thanks for linking up with us for #HappyDaysLinky x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Its so great to get out when you can isn't it! Blowing off those cobwebs and all that. I have this saying that as long as it isn't raining, there's no excuse not to be getting outside for some fresh air. Great photos too! Thanks for linking up to last weeks Snapshot Saturday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my blog and comment, I truly appreciate it. (Please do not leave URLs/links in the comments, thank you!)

Follow via GFC.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe and Follow

Follow

My instagram.