Behind Closed Doors by B.A Paris {Book Review}

10:20


Genre: Psychological Thriller
Pages: 304 
"Everyone knows a couple like Jack and Grace: he has looks and wealth, she has charm and elegance. You'd like to get to know Grace better. But it's difficult, because you realize Jack and Grace are never apart. Some might call this true love.

Picture this: a dinner party at their perfect home, the conversation and wine flowing. They appear to be in their element while entertaining. And Grace's friends are eager to reciprocate with lunch the following week. Grace wants to go, but knows she never will. Her friends call—so why doesn't Grace ever answer the phone? And how can she cook such elaborate meals but remain so slim?

And why are there bars on one of the bedroom windows?

The perfect marriage? Or the perfect lie?"


I picked a copy of this book up for 20p in a charity shop. Yes 20 pence! It was already on my TBR list, I was really pleased with this bargain find! 

Behind Closed Doors follows the story of a newly wed couple. Jack and Grace.  
They met in a park one afternoon when Grace was out with her sister who has down syndrome. Jack makes a real big effort with Graces sister. Grace instantly falls in love with Jack. They end up getting married after a short while. He buys a big house - The house of Graces dreams in fact! They're planning for Millie - Graces sister to come and live with them when school has finished. Jack can not wait! Everyone think Jack is great, he's handsome, a successful lawyer who has never failed and seems a wonderful husband... On the outside they have the perfect marriage but what happens behind closed doors? 


I couldn't put this book down, I really liked it! It's not easy to read as the story is quite disturbing and covers so really hard topics but it's gripping! I thought the characters were well developed, I fell in love with Graces sister Millie, she certainly has her head screwed on! Half way through the book, I did get a bit frustrated, I think really I was quite frustrated with Grace but I soon over come that frustration. I kind of guessed the ending... but was a good conclusion.  Personally I thought it was a fantastic psychological thriller. 
I rated four stars on goodreads.

What have you been reading lately? 

Sarah xXx

Read With Me

Twin Mummy and Daddy

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. I want to know the ending of this story now I've read your great review!!

    #ReadWithMe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen quite a few good reviews for this one, thanks for sharing yours with #ReadWithMe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just read this. I loved it, but it was so dark and scary! I think it was actually one of the scariest books I've ever read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is on my to read list as well. I have heard such good things about the book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a bargain, I love looking through charity shops for books! Now I need to know what happens LOL, this sounds like it could be adapted into a film. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a really gripping book. What a bargain to at 20pence!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review sounds a great read Thanks for linking to the #THAT FRIDAY LINKY come back next week please

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a bargain! Sounds like a really gripping read too #readwithme

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my blog and comment, I truly appreciate it. (Please do not leave URLs/links in the comments, thank you!)

Follow via GFC.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe and Follow

Follow

My instagram.