The weekly bits & bobs (week 1)00:00
- I was poorly all over Christmas with some flu type thing. It's taken me ages to recover and I'm still not fully better but much better than I was!
- The kids go back to school this week... While it'll be good to get back into routine, I am absolutely dreading it! Not only that but I am happiest when the kids are home, haha.
- My washing machine is making a really bizarre noise again. Hmm. Hopefully that will last a couple more months because I am not in the position to be buying a new one right now!
- Not looking forward to my hospital appointment next week. But. It'll get it over and done with for another 4-6 months. (I'll be seeing the eye consultant as I have a rare brain disease which affects my eyes)
- Despite being ill, I still had a good Christmas, I enjoyed watching the kids open there presents and we played board games and set up there new toys etc. It was fun. The kids had a wonderful time! You can read more about our Christmas here.
- I've seen a lot of my family recently which has been lovely.
- I'm glad the Christmas tree is down now! It was in the way and Sylvie (our tabby cat) was trying to climb it.. Silly kitty.
- As I mentioned above, it'll be good to get back into routine and have some kind of structure. All over Christmas I've lost count of what day is which, ha!
- The weather has been lovely lately. It's been cold of course but nice to see the sun! We even went out for a walk the other day and Charlie got to test out his new remote control drone/copter thingy (It doesn't have a camera, it literally is just a toy). It hovers just above our heads and was lots of fun running away from!
- I've been really productive lately and I love my fit-bit which I got for Christmas. It helps me stay motivated.
- Speaking of motivation, I have started bullet journaling and wow! I LOVE it. I've always enjoyed making lists and keeping diaries, I've had a bullet journal before but this!! This is something else, I truly have found a really great hobby that helps me relax, keeps me motivated and organised. I couldn't live without it now. (I also have a slight pen addiction.. Seriously I 'need' ALLLL the pens haha)
- I've already read one a book this year! I read 'The sun is also a star by Nicola Yoon' (Book review coming soon!)
- Getting back into routine.
- Hoping that Ellie likes cheer leading which is an after school club she starts next week! Eek! I'm excited for her.
- Having my hospital appointment over and done with. That'll be a huger relief. Hoping for good results. I just want to get it over and done with, it's making me anxious.
- I'm strangely looking forward to organsing the kids rooms! It's been hectic over the holidays and things need organsing.